Sunday 23 December 2012

Tutoring : a reflection

Four weeks of voluntary work as a tutor ended today.

It certainly was a great experience, teaching and being taught.

My student tries very hard to acquire good results despite being an orphan with nearly non-existent guidance. Defying the world and overcoming stereotypes, I thought. Believing in yourself rather than what others tell you about yourself. Believing that you're capable of so much more than what popular perceptions and cases show. A wall to be climbed to achieve your dreams perhaps. To believe in what seems to be impossible.

Are dreams still dreams without having to work hard for it?

Going over to the centre opened my eyes. Helping people. Trying to make a minute, an hour or even a day more bearable for people I'm sent to. Inspire. The passion to serve God burned even stronger.

I should do what I should do instead of doing what I want to do. Exhaustion and thorns shall not stand in the way. Because I'm purely functional and more fortunate than most people.

It hurts but just deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment