Friday 7 December 2012

Serving God

A story can be of any length. A sentence might just do the trick, or a book can paint movies. Both can convey what happened at the end, only reading the book makes you feel.

Listening to people about their experiences isn't enough. At times you have to feel. Because imagining a feeling can't do anything and words can't perfectly describe a feeling.

An experience must be felt.

Orphaned children at a welfare home. Then the both mentally and physically disabled kids. Kids with tubes in their noses and mouths. Kids who can't have their dreams come true. Kids who can't grow up and see the world. These kids probably have cried themselves to sleep.

Halfway through class we were told that classes are cancelled for the day, and that there's a shirt-painting activity over at the home for the disabled which was just a few doors away. Ke Hui, Shu Ming and I helped out. I remember how overwhelmed I felt.

Moments which make you think twice of what you have.

I saw what God sees everyday. Sufferings. And I've heard a saying that goes, "If I don't love you I won't feel hurt at all." The pain I feel from seeing the kids is nothing compared to what God feels everyday. God watches over every single being, and continues to, with His limitless love for us. Does He feel this way whenever He sees me hurt? The helplessness I feel for I have no power. With the intense pain He feels, He, with His love, tries and never fails to go all out for every one. How then can we ever doubt if He is working His hands in our lives?

I have nothing and am powerless. But God has given and blessed me, and I will and I shall glorify Him.

Father, I love serving You. I'm able to see the world because of You.


Overwhelmed by God's love.

"If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ." -- 1 Peter 4:11


Forgive me for my doubts. As I sin You still continue to love me. How do I ever deserve Your love?

I'm grateful for all that You've given me, for always looking out for me and giving me chances to grow spiritually, and for the chances to serve You.

No comments:

Post a Comment