Sunday 7 October 2012

Prelude

My fourth finals ended just like that. One more to go.

Trapped in this farrago of emotions. Just a year left in high school before I embark on another journey. The world's getting more foreign. Or rather, I'm walking towards the pavement of a bustling road, and soon on it, with metaphorical cars -- uncertainties -- flying past without any blinking traffic lights.

Perhaps lost too as if I were placed on the streets in a foreign country.

Maybe a prelude to what life will be.

The world isn't changing. I am. Certainly, I'm soon encountering a fork in the road as I step closer to growing up, to university life and to the world in its very form where everything will be just given a chance and steps will be taken even more meticulously. Worse for a perfectionist.

What is it that I should do? What story should I pen down? Maybe I'm just anticipating what the future has in store for me, but this certainly is a great deal of anticipation for my heart to take. It has always been me to only do things that I'm prepared for. Panic it is.

Courses. College. I even feel myself personally changing so much that I have a hard time taking it all in while in constant shock. I used to be thinking of nearly slight detail of everything, carefully processing at a slow pace all that my little mind can absorb. Now things are moving swiftly that I often wonder if there are any things that I've overlooked or missed on. I can't hear my own thoughts; they don't sound like words.

No wonder I couldn't hear His voice at all.

I pray for Your guidance, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment