Saturday 29 September 2012

Rejuvenation and forgiveness

God saves, heals all wounds, brings peace to every being, solves every problem; He does all the big things, but today I learned that God guides us in our thoughts. He helps us when we're in the midst of reflecting. He drops hints and leaves quintessential points.

He doesn't spoon-feed us but rather guides us to finding the answers to all our questions. He, like a father, wishes for us to grow.

For all of the lessons and wisdom enfolded in the hustle and bustle of every day, I thank You. For all of the chances to grow and to learn, I thank You. I count myself so blessed for having given so many opportunities to continue growing. The challenges, the hardships, for every hurdle passed, be it miniscule or enormous, I grow. I grow a little everyday.

"Then the angel of the Lord came again and touched him and said, 'Get up and eat some more, or the journey ahead will be too much for you.' So he got up and ate and drank, and the food gave him enough strength to travel forty days and forty nights to Mount Sinai, the mountain of God." -- 1 Kings 19:7-8

Even rejuvenation comes from Him. And He knows best of all people that I'm in such great need of rest. He answered my prayers with a timing He deems right, like He always does.

Last Monday, I was given a chance to serve Him. Ke Hui offered me a volunteering task : to tutor homeless or orphaned kids.

I wasn't just given a chance to serve Him, but to grow, to gain wisdom, and to rejuvenate. He wants me to rejuvenate through this.

How silly it is of me to intend to give myself a kind of rest that could turn myself into a worse person.

"And do not be drunk with wine, which is in dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:18-19 

Dear self, if you ever doubt that you don't have what it takes to carry out this task well, remember that all answers lie with Him, that all strength comes from Him, that everything is from Him and will be given in times of need. So leave it all to Him and fear not.

Please forgive me for the times when I go about my day and “do life” without You.

No comments:

Post a Comment